Friday, February 19, 2016

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews

Title: Magic Slays

Author: Ilona Andrews

Published: Ace, 2011

Pages: 308

Series: Book 5, Kate Daniels

Summary: May Contain Spoilers! Plagued by a war between magic and technology, Atlanta has never been so deadly. Good thing Kate Daniels is on the job. 

Kate Daniels may have quit the Order of Merciful Aid, but she's still knee-deep in paranormal problems. Or she would be if she could get someone to hire her. Starting her own business has been more challenging than she thought it would be now that the Order is disparaging her good name, and many potential clients are afraid of getting on the bad side of the Beast Lord, who just happens to be Kate's mate. 
So when Atlanta's premier Master of the Dead calls to ask for help with a vampire on the loose, Kate leaps at the chance of some paying work. Turns out this is not an isolated incident, and Kate needs to get to the bottom of it fast, or the city and everyone dear to her might pay the ultimate price.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Having loved the previous book in the series I was looking forward to picking this one up quite soon after.  Needless to say I really enjoyed this book.  I just didn't love it as much as the previous books in the series.

So, the book starts off a couple of months after the previous book so it's interesting catching up with the characters and seeing what they're doing.  The mystery that develops was really intriguing in the beginning and really they always are.  There's always trouble lurking in some corner and it's up to Kate to save the day.

It was good to see the return of some old characters and we're introduced to some new characters.  I have to say that I feel like Curran is starting to annoy me a little bit.  I'm hoping that he stops doing some of the things that he has been doing to bother me in the next book.

One thing that I really loved about this book was that we learned a bit more about Kate's history and some more about the world in which she resides.  I really love that aspect of the book as it's so amazing.

Overall, I really enjoyed Magic Slays, I just felt like it dragged on a little towards the end and because of that I felt like I was starting to lose interest.  That being said, I am very much looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!