Monday, February 29, 2016

All These Perfect Strangers by Aoife Clifford

Title: All These Perfect Strangers

Author: Aoife Clifford

Published: Simon & Schuster AU, 1 March 2016

Pages: 400

Summary: You don’t have to believe in ghosts for the dead to haunt you.

You don’t have to be a murderer to be guilty.

Within six months of Pen Sheppard starting university, three of her new friends are dead. Only Pen knows the reason why.
College life had seemed like a wonderland of sex, drugs and maybe even love. The perfect place to run away from your past and reinvent yourself. But Pen never can run far enough and when friendships are betrayed, her secrets are revealed. The consequences are deadly.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I'm always looking for new thrillers to read and I feel like lately there have been quite a lot of choices.  All These Perfect Strangers sounded so good and I was really curious about it.

I started the book and after a few pages I was a little confused as I was unsure of where the book was going or how things would get to a point of being interesting.  I got this feeling throughout the book, almost like it's trying to be mysterious but it's being too mysterious to the point where it just gets a little annoying.

The book says that Pen is the only one who knows the reason why three of her new friends were dead and honestly, without trying to give it away too much, I have to say that there really wasn't that much to the story.

I did find the story took a really long time to get into as well and so there were a couple of times where I thought about giving up on the book but I decided to continue until I at least got to the part where the action started happening.  Interestingly, things only really got going towards the very end of the book and from there I felt like it was a pile of things happening and then it just ended.

Overall, I just didn't really enjoy All These Perfect Strangers.  It was alright, but not something that I personally found to be enjoyable.

1 comment:

Comments are always awesome!