Monday, September 29, 2014

Myth Conceptions by Robert Asprin

Title: Myth Conceptions

Author: Robert Asprin

Published: Ace, 1985

Pages: 208

Series: Book 2, Myth Adventures

Summary: After mistakenly being appointed court magician by a regent who should have known better, apprentice mage Skeeve must defend a kingdom from the mightiest invading army in the world.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: After reading and really enjoying the first book in the series, I figured I may as well move on to the second book since it was also sitting on my shelf. 


Myth Conceptions is just as funny as Another Fine Myth and I felt like there were some jokes continued on from the first book which was really awesome.

This book is quite a bit shorter than the first one so it didn't take me as long to read through.  I pretty much just read it in a day.  It also means that I don't have as much to say about the book.

One thing I really enjoy about these books is that the end conflict doesn't take very long to resolve which is something that I really like because I find scenes that take a few chapters or a very long chapter can get a little tedious for me,

Overall, I really loved Myth Conceptions and thought it was super funny and a great light read.  I highly recommend this series to people looking for a hilarious fantasy series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!