Friday, July 18, 2014

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Traitor

Author: Julie Kagawa

Published: Harlequin Teen, 2013

Pages: 304

Series: Book 2, The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten

Summary: May Contain Spoilers! After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again. 

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: It had been a while since I read the previous book in the series so I couldn’t remember a lot of things that happened in the first book.  There were some things that I definitely remembered but I found that the other thing sprang to mind the more I read through the book.

I have to say that while I enjoyed The Iron Traitor I didn’t think it was the best book in the Iron Fey series.  Some parts were really exciting and interesting and I really loved them but I feel as though the characters aren’t as lovable. 

One thing I really like is the unpredictability of the story.  One minute the story is headed in one direction and the next it’s going in a completely different one.  It was really good like that.

I also really enjoyed seeing some of the old characters from the original series and seeing how some of them had changed and some of them were pretty much the same.

The ending was such a cliffhanger that I really need to read the next book now but that is not happening.  I looked into it the other day and from what I can tell the next book won’t be coming out until 2015 sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!