Monday, July 14, 2014

Adventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda Harris

Title: Adventures in Funeral Crashing

Author: Milda Harris

Published: 2011

Pages: 212

Series: Book 1, Funeral Crashing

Summary: Kait Lenox has a reputation as the weird girl in her high school, mostly because of her ex-best friend turned mean popular girl, Ariel, but maybe it has a little to do with the fact that Kait has a hobby crashing funerals. At one of these, Kait is outted by the most popular guy in school, Ethan Ripley. Yet, instead of humiliating her for all the world to see, he asks for her help, and Kait finds herself entangled in a murder mystery. Not only is the thrill of the mystery exciting, but more importantly Ethan knows her name! A little sleuthing is well worth that!  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I had this ebook sitting on my ereader for quite a while now and the other day I finally decided to try it as it sounded really interesting just from the title alone.

Not knowing what I was going into I wasn’t entirely sure how the book would go.  When I started reading I thought the book might have just been about a girl who was upset about the death of her mother and so crashes other funerals to feel closer to her mother.  This is partially true, but even more than that it is a murder mystery which I always love.

I found Adventures in Funeral Crashing to be such a good book.  I sat down and started reading a few pages and in no time I had finished the book.  Each chapter ends in a way that keeps me wanting more and I just couldn’t stop reading it.

I had figured out the mystery about halfway through the book but when I got to the end I found I was only half right which was still pretty exciting.  I always like to see if I can guess what’s going on and who the bad guy is and then when the revelation happens I always find it exciting to see if I’m right or not.

Overall, I thought Adventures in Funeral Crashing was such a pleasant surprise and thought it was such a great book.  I am definitely going to be recommending this one to fans of murder mysteries and I can’t wait to read the second book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!