Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Title: Elantris

Author: Brandon Sanderson

Published: Gollancz, 2005

Pages: 615

Summary: The capital of Arelon, the home to people transformed into magic-using demigods by the Shaod.

But then the magic failed, Elantris started to rot, and its inhabitants turned into powerless wrecks.

And in the new capital, Kae, close enough to Elantris for everyone to be reminded of what they have lost, a princess arrives. Sarene is to be married to unite Teod and Arelon against the religious imperialists of Fjordell. But she is told that Raoden, her husband to be, is dead.

Determined to carry on the fight for Teod and Arelon's freedom, Sarene clashes with the high priest Hrathen. If Hrathen can persuade the populace to convert, Fjordell will reign supreme.
But there are secrets in Elantris, the dead and the ruined may yet have a role to play in this new world. Magic lives.  (taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: After reading Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson last year I knew that I had to read more books written by Brandon Sanderson.  It took a long time for me to decide which book to start with and I decided that the best place to start would be with the first book published.  I am so glad that I read Elantris because it is so amazing.

I feel a little bit like the beginning was slow going but once the story got rolling I found myself glued to the pages just needing to know what happened next and hoping that certain events would work out.

There were quite a few surprised within Elantris which I really loved, Sanderson has this great way of revealing bits of information in such a way that just makes you want to read more.

I'm finding it hard to write anything more about this book because I feel like I'd just become a raving lunatic and start saying the same thing over and over.  Elantris is amazing and I loved it so much.  As soon as I finished the book I was thinking about which Sanderson book to read next as I seriously love his writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!