Monday, January 13, 2014

Demonically Tempted by Stacey Kennedy

Title: Demonically Tempted

Author: Stacey Kennedy

Published: Stacey Kennedy, 2012

Pages: 212

Series: Book 2, Frostbite

Summary: Tess Jennings, now a member of the Memphis Police Department, is on her first cold case. The suspected suicide of Lizbeth Knapp ten years ago isn’t a theory her family accepts—they believe she was murdered.

But the case is only one of Tess’s worries. Ghosts are talking, and word of her abilities rapidly spreads. A dark ghost is terrifying the spirits of Memphis, and she must force the entity to cross over.
Tess doesn’t have to do this alone. Not only does she have her ghost-lover, Kipp McGowen, but the department has brought in a medium. Dane Wolfe might answer all her questions, but he also brings a world of trouble. Will Tess finally have all she’s ever wanted, or will everything she’s vowed to protect be ripped away?  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I really loved the first book in the series and couldn’t wait to start reading the second one, but then for some reason I kind of forgot about it until now.  I’m glad I picked up my Kobo and began to read it though because once I started I couldn’t stop.

This book concentrated more on the mystery element than the first book and I really enjoyed it.  I managed to pick up on what was going on in terms of what happened to certain people which was awesome.

I feel like Demonically Tempted is really easy to breeze through and read in no time because each chapter is incredibly interesting and engaging.  I was able to read through about 70% of the book just a couple of hours.  I didn’t want to put it down.

The ending was such a surprise; it has got me excited to read the next book in the series definitely.  I did not see that one coming and it is very exciting.  I won’t talk about it anymore though because I don’t want to give anything away.

Overall, I really enjoyed the second book in the Frostbite series and can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

Source: Purchased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!