Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jaquie Brown's Guide to Everything by Jaquie Brown

Title: Jaquie Brown's Guide to Everything

Author: Jaquie Brown

Published: Random House New Zealand, 2009

Pages: 204

Summary: Jaquie's guide to all things important to the modern woman, from food and your body, to animals, birds and the environment, fashion and being cool, love, romance and dating, and politics. If you find Jaquie boring (unlikely), she's included some recipes, quizzes and puzzles for your enjoyment. 

Jaquie is full of tips and useful information on how to navigate life; for instance, how to lose weight by becoming a Breatherian, what your hat says about you, or how to know if you're talking to an alien. She exposes the truth about swans, tells you what words to use if you want to be cool and which words to avoid, and lets you in on the rules for rescuing a friend if they've got food stuck in their teeth.   (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: One of my favourite types of book is humorous non-fiction and being a fan of The Jaquie Brown Diaries on tv I just knew this book would be right up my alley.

It was pretty funny, just not as funny as I thought it would be although I did giggle a lot through the book.
The book says it is Jaquie Brown’s Guide to Everything and it pretty much is.  Jaquie covers some really weird things in this book and adds in quizzes, recipes and a lot of pictures to make this book have almost everything.

There’s even a sealed section that I found to be particularly funny.

Overall, I thought that Jaquie Brown’s Guide to Everything was quite funny.  It was a quick and enjoyable read and sated my appetite for something funny for a couple of hours.

Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out.
    Please let me know where you got your design. Many thanks
    Feel free to visit my page - Buy Green Coffee

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!