Saturday, March 17, 2012

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Halfway to the Grave


Author: Jeaniene Frost


Published: Avon, 2007


Series: Book 1, Night Huntress


Pages: 358


Summary: Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother’s life. Then she’s captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership. 

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She’s amazed she doesn’t end up as his dinner—are there actually good
 vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn’t have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side... and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I’ve been reading a lot more urban fantasy lately and I’m really enjoying it.  When I found Halfway to the Grave I thought it sounded really good.  I’m happy to say that not only did Halfway to the Grave sound good but it actually was good.

I really liked the story line of Halfway to the Grave.  It was really interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed reading through to find out who was behind certain events and whether or not Cat would ever come across her father.

As far as the characters go I really liked Cat, she was tough but at the same time her stubbornness drove me a little crazy.  I did however, absolutely love Bones.  I loved how he was mysterious but also a really nice guy for a vampire.

Overall, I really enjoyed Halfway to the Grave and I look forward to continuing on with the rest of the series.

Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. Lol I think everyone who reads this series is in love with Bones. Just wait till you get to the steamy Bones and Cat scenes in book two.

    Thanks for the great review, glad you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!