Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator by Josh Berk

Title: Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator


Author: Josh Berk


Published: Random House Children's Books, 13 March 2012


Pages: 240


Summary: Guy Langman can't be bothered with much. But when his friend Anoop wants Guy to join the forensics club with him in the (possibly misguided) hopes of impressing some girls, Guy thinks why not.They certainly aren't expecting to find a real dead body on the simulated crime scene they're assigned to collect evidence from. But after some girlish, undignified screaming, the two realize it is indeed a body. Which means they have stumbled across a real, dead murder victim.Meanwhile, Guy has been looking into the past of his father—a larger-than-life character who recently passed away. He was much older than Guy's mom, and had a whole past Guy never even knew about. Could his father's past and the dead body be linked? Does Guy want to know? He's going to need all his newfound forensics skills to find out . . .  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: A murder mystery with humour thrown in.  Sign me up!  With a title like Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator I was definitely intrigued by this one.  Needless to say after laughing through some of the very beginning pages I knew this would be one I really enjoyed.


One thing I do have to warn however, is that the description is quite misleading.  It mentions a dead body and well you don't actually come across that part of the story until over halfway through.  I have to say though, that isn't the main issue at hand in this book.


What I had originally thought would be a funny murder mystery actually ended up being a funny story about a boy coming to terms with the loss of his father.  While it is sad that his dad passed away, it is also an incredibly funny book.  I was laughing so hard at most parts of the book, it was so funny.


Then there's the mystery.  It was definitely not what I had expected and I really enjoyed it because it was very unique and quite original.  I did guess the culprit though so that was pretty cool.


Overall, I really enjoyed reading Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator.  It's fun, quirky and a nice change of pace.  It's definitely worth checking out.


Source: NetGalley

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping to get this book soon (though I have a feeling it's going to be one of those Long Library Waits). When I do get it and review it, may I link back to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you can, no problem :) I hope you enjoy reading it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks a million for that and my brand new follower!
      Ruby

      Delete

Comments are always awesome!