Thursday, March 1, 2012

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin

Title: Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters


Author: Meredith Zeitlin


Published: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1 March 2012


Pages: 288


Purchase Links:
Book Depository
Amazon US
Amazon UK


Summary: Kelsey Finkelstein is fourteen and FRUSTRATED. Every time she tries to live up to her awesome potential, her plans are foiled – by her impossible parents, her annoying little sister, and life in general. But with her first day of high school coming up, Kelsey is positive that things are going to change. Enlisting the help of her three best friends — sweet and quiet Em, theatrical Cass, and wild JoJo — Kelsey gets ready to rebrand herself and make the kind of mark she knows is her destiny. 

Things start out great - her arch-nemesis has moved across the country, giving Kelsey the perfect opportunity to stand out on the soccer team and finally catch the eye of her long-time crush. But soon enough, an evil junior’s thirst for revenge, a mysterious photographer, and a series of other catastrophes make it clear that just because KELSEY has a plan for greatness… it doesn’t mean the rest of the world is in on it.   (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters.  It was really light and funny; which was indeed a welcoming change as lately I’d been reading some slightly depressing books.  Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters was a very welcome change of pace.

I felt as though the further I got into the book the more I was laughing.  Kelsey is just so hilarious that I couldn’t help but laugh out loud so much during this book.

I loved Kelsey as a character, she was so innocent and na├»ve and I just couldn’t help but love her.  There were so many moments that I just felt so frustrated at her I was facepalming in my seat at some of the things she did.  But more often than not I was smiling and laughing out loud.  Kelsey’s friends were all really awesome too and just added in this little extra something that made the book that little bit more wonderful.

While the story was quite predictable there were actually some little surprises thrown in there that I was not expecting at all.  It was so good I know that I’m going to be smiling about this book for a long time to come.

Overall, I had so much fun reading Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters.  If you’re looking for a good laugh then this book is definitely a good one to pick up.  I would absolutely love to see more Kelsey in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!