Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eve Eden vs The Zombie Horde by Suz Korb

Title: Eve Eden vs The Zombie Horde


Author: Suz Korb


Published: 20 November 2011


Pages: 189


Series: Book 1, Bedeviled


Summary: Kidnapped by a vampire, epically farted on by a pug and dragged through the pits of Hell. Welcome to Eve Eden’s world in the small and strange town of Twin Forest. 

Eve has goals. She has dreams and ambitions that don’t involve staying in this weird, podunk town. When supernatural forces collide and drop her into the heart of England, she’s not exactly pleased. When Eve said she wanted to get the heck out of dodge, she didn’t mean getting transported into a torture chamber inside the dungeon of an actual castle. 

Damned souls rising from the depths of Hell. Her body’s sudden ability to heal quickly from wounds. Resisting her inexplicable attraction to a vampire who’s been sent to kill her. Can life get any worse for Eve? Apparently it can, because just around the corner at Twin Forest’s cemetery… 
waits the zombie horde.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: After reading the description for Eve Eden vs the Zombie Horde I thought it sounded like a really funny zombie book.  There were zombies and there were a few times that I laughed out loud but I feel like the book was more of a paranormal adventure story.

The pacing in this book is quite fast so at times it leaves you feeling confused but I think that’s part of the point so that you feel what the main character, Eve is feeling and you do end up piecing things together in the end so that’s pretty awesome.

For such a short book there’s quite a lot going on and there is never a dull moment.  If you love books that are pretty much all action then you will really like this one.

I quite enjoyed the story and I got quite a few laughs here and there but I feel like I didn’t mesh with the characters on a deeper level.  I feel like I didn’t really get to know Eve all that well.  There are a couple of things I’m curious about but there is a sequel coming so I’ll be on the lookout for that.

Overall, I think that Eve Eden vs the Zombie Horde is a very unique book and it has a really entertaining read.  If it sounds like your kind of book then go ahead and read it.



Source:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my book on your blog for my tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that my book is available again and so is the 2nd one in this series! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!