Thursday, March 8, 2012

End of the World Playlist by Dan O’Brien

Title: The End of the World Playlist


Author: Dan O'Brien


Published: Amazon Digital Services, January 2012


Pages: 88


Summary: The world as we knew it had ended. Deep in the mountains of the west coast, six men survived. In the town of River’s Bend, these six friends continued on with their lives as zombies inherited the Earth. As they navigated the world that had been left behind, the soundtrack of life played on.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: It’s been a while since I read a zombie novel so I was quite excited when I picked this one up and discovered there were zombies
.
My excited turned to odd curiosity when I got into the story I found it to be very different to anything I’ve ever read before.  For most of the book I felt as though I wasn’t sure whether I liked this book or not.  It was like I didn’t really know if I wanted to continue reading but some unknown force kept me reading through.

One thing I do have to warn about is that there is a lot of swearing so if you don’t like that sort of thing then you may be put off by this book.  And I mean there is A LOT of swearing.  A LOT.  I’m not a person who is bothered by swearing but if you are particularly sensitive about swearing, do not even touch this book with a ten foot pole!

That being said, I actually found End of the World Playlist to be quite intriguing and not all that bad.  Granted this book is not going to be for everybody.  I feel like this one is a more gritty and tragic look at what happens if the world ends via zombie invasion.  I really liked the ending, it was just something a little different that I found really refreshing.

Overall, I quite enjoyed End of the World Playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!