Saturday, February 25, 2012

Feyland: The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp

Title: Feyland: The Dark Realm


Author: Anthea Sharp


Published: December 2011


Pages: 320


Summary: WHEN A GAME… 

Feyland is the most immersive computer game ever designed, and Jennet Carter is the first to play the prototype. But she doesn’t suspect the virtual world is close enough to touch — or that she’ll be battling for her life against the Dark Queen of the faeries. 

TURNS REAL… 

Tam Linn is the perfect hero — in-game. Too bad the rest of his life is seriously flawed. The last thing he needs is rich-girl Jennet prying into his secrets, insisting he’s the only one who can help her. 

WINNING IS EVERYTHING… 
Together, Jennet and Tam enter the Dark Realm of Feyland, only to discover that the entire human world is in danger. Pushed to the limit of their abilities, they must defeat the Dark Queen… before it’s too late.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: When I read the description for Feyland it sounded so amazing.  Little did I know that Feyland would have an addictive quality that would keep me reading.

Anthea Sharp is an extremely talented writer and I was floored by how well written Feyland was.  Not to mention it was incredibly enjoyable as the whole premise sounds like my kind of book.  I loved the fairy world and how it was incorporated into a video game.  It is quite unique and really good.

I liked both Jennet and Tam.  I found them both to be really cool characters.  I liked Tam in that he was tough but also really sweet under his hard exterior.  Then there was Jennet, I liked her just because she seemed like one of those characters that I would like.  I thought that Marny was an awesome character too I would have loved to learn even more about her.

The world building is amazing.  I loved how it was set in the future and the technologies they had was really interesting to read about.  I thought it was quite intriguing and I do wonder how things got the way they were.
Overall, I absolutely loved Feyland: The Dark Realm.  It’s unique, extremely well-written and has a great storyline.  I strongly recommend this one as it is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!