Monday, January 23, 2012

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

Title: Deadly Cool


Author: Gemma Halliday


Published: HarperTeen, 2011


Pages: 303


Series: Book 1, Deadly Cool


Summary: Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. 

But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.   (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Deadly Cool is such an awesome book.  Hartley has attitude and she is a really funny narrator.  You’d think that reading a murder mystery wouldn’t be very funny but there were quite a few times where I was laughing out loud at the jokes.

As far as the mystery aspect goes I was curious as to who had done it.  I had my suspicions about who it could have been but at the same time there were a number of suspects so it was quite interesting.  I did manage to guess who the killer was in the end though which I always like.

I loved that in Deadly Cool, Hartley’s best friend is a main part of the action.  Sam is right there with Hartley most of the time which is just awesome.  I really liked Chase too.

I really loved Deadly Cool and only wish that I could have the next book sooner.  Deadly Cool is a cool, light and fun murder mystery story.

Source: Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!