- What author do you own the most books by?
- What book do you own the most copies of?
The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket and Fire by Kristin Cashore
- Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
No, I didn't even notice.
- What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Po from Graceling and Lief from the Deltora Quest
- What book have you read the most times in your life?
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (I think I've read it about four or five times)
- What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
Goosebumps books by R.L Stine
- What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
Liar by Justine Larbalestier (It just disappointed me)
- What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
Either Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder or Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for ‘Literature?
I have no idea.
- What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Either Graceling by Kristin Cashore, Alanna : The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce or Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (I know there's already a movie but yeah)
- What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
- Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
When I was reading The Da Vinci Code I had a dream that Kurt Russell was Robert Langdon and he picked me up in a sports car, drove me to the airport where I was stuck on a plane with him, Teabing and Teabing's Wife (nonexistent character) and then the plane crashed and I was the only survivor so I had to continue on to solve the clues.
- What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult?
Either Private by Kate Brian or Gossip Girl by Cecily Von Ziegesar
- What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
It took me about five tries to be able to read Artemis Fowl, there was something about it that just made it really hard to read.
- What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen?
Well I've only ever seen King Lear.
- Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
No special preferences.
- Roth or Updike?
- David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
- Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
i've only ever read Shakespeare so yeah.
- Austen or Eliot?
Haven't read anything by either.
- What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
Hmmm well I tend to avoid reading books set between the 1600's to about the 1990's. But I have been trying to read more books in that timeline.
- What is your favorite novel?
Alanna : The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce or Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
Either Macbeth or King Lear both by Shakespeare
Possibly Love Among The Roses by Lewis Carroll
- Short story?
I really liked The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield.
- Work of nonfiction?
Hmmm probably It Came From Ohio! My Life As A Writer by R.L Stine
- Who is your favorite writer?
I have a few but in the end I would say Scott Westerfeld, Tamora Pierce and Emily Rodda.
- Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
- What is your desert island book?
Either Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones or Holes by Louis Sachar
- And… what are you reading right now?
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Thursday, February 25, 2010
A Book-Related Quiz
I love doing little quizzes things and so when I saw this at Catherine of On The Nightstand's blog I just had to do it too.